Week Two Shares, June 1st
Our CSA deliveries went swimmingly last week, the first shares got our to all of our members rain or shine! Looks like we've got some more water coming for our plants today too!
Week Two Contents Include:
Recipe Ideas For Your Share
Apple and Poppy Seed Coleslaw
2 cups shredded green cabbage
1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1 Granny Smith apple, julienned
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
(Can even add some Kohlrabi too!)
- In a large bowl, combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, carrot and apple.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, poppy seeds, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour mixture over cabbage mixture and stir using a rubber spatula until well combined. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Serve cold.
via Damn Delicious
One Pan Cabbage & Sausage with Rice
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
14 ounces smoked (fully cooked) turkey or chicken sausage, sliced into rounds
1/2 head of cabbage, cut into thin slices
1 small yellow onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken stock
1 (15 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes in their juices
1 cup instant brown rice
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add the sausage slices and cook for a few minutes on each side, until brown. Remove to a plate, blot with paper towels if needed, and set aside.
- With a paper towel, carefully wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium high. Add the cabbage, onion, salt, and pepper and cook the onion begins to soften and brown, about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup of the chicken stock, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add the remaining 1/4 cup chicken stock, canned tomatoes in their juices, and rice, stirring well. Bring to a boil, stir again, then cover and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the reserved sausage slices mixing well, then recover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes, until most of the remaining liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Serve warm.
via Well Plated by Erin