Week Seven Shares, July 6th
How was everyone's 4th of July?! We hope the bounty from last week's share was enough to go around for our member's family and friends! There's plenty more headed out to our members in these coming weeks!
Looks like our greens are done for the spring & early summer season. I tried to give at least a couple recipes to help with the strong, green spring season we had, hopefully y'all didn't get too burned out on the greens. We should have more coming along late summer and into the fall.
Week Seven Contents Include:
Red or Green Cabbage
Sweet & Hot Peppers
RECIPE IDEAS FOR YOUR SHARE
Zucchini Ribbon Salad
1 pint Cherry Gold Tomatoes
1 ball Fresh mozzarella
1/4 cup Basil, chopped
1 Tbs Lemon
1 Tbs Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice or spiralize Zucchini
- Toss zucchini with tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with basil and mozzarella cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
Summer Cabbage Slaw Salad
4 cups cabbage slaw = 1 head green cabbage finely chopped
1 bell pepper, any color, chopped
1 avocado, cubed
1 ear corn, kernels sliced off the cob
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 organic chicken breast OR 6 thin cut chicken tenders OR 1 medium piece wild fish
Honey Cilantro Hot Sauce Dressing
4 TB olive oil
2 TB whole milk greek yogurt
3 tsp honey
2 tsp hot sauce (or more if you like spicy things)
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
Juice from 1 ripe lime (1 large or 2 small)
1/4 tsp sea salt + 1/2 tsp pepper
- Make dressing first by combining all ingredients in a blender. Set aside.
- Grill chicken, fish or shrimp of your choice on the stovetop or BBQ over high heat, flipping only when you get a good sear on the first side. Slice or keep whole to serve.
- Add cabbage, pinto beans, corn, peppers and avocado to a large bowl. Toss salad with dressing. Add grilled chicken, fish or shrimp over the top and sprinkle with extra cilantro to garnish.
via Simply Real Health